Tuesday, July 28, 2009

This Momma is B.A.C.K.

I know this is long overdue - but A Mommy in Jeans and High Heels is back!!

So much has transpired in the last couple of months. Packing up my house was a total success, although completely stressful! We had a wonderful journey from Alaska to Oklahoma. Our children were absolutely wonderful. We made it in 6 days - and my husband drove every mile of it!! (Control freak would be an understatement.)

Our new home in Oklahoma is gorgeous! We finally feel proud to come home and have visitors at our home. The area we're in is boring and uneventful, but I'm determined to make the best of the next few years.

I'm preparing for the next stage of my life: single-mommy-hood! In six days my husband will leave us for 12 months. I'm having a hard time dealing with the change, but I know I have friends and family that will support me and accept late night calls from a crying Thompson Mommy.

I refuse to be bored while Brandon is away! I have already enrolled in my Bachelor's program and will begin classes on August 19th. It will be a challenge like no other, trying to read, study, attend classes, and write papers with two kids and no Daddy to entertain them!

At any rate, my blog will be my creative outlet while Brandon is gone. Follow me on my journey! This will DEFINITELY be interesting! The ups, the downs, the ugly and the absolutely beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging again. Love to read your writing. Remember I work night shift so you can call me at work anytime you want.

    ReplyDelete