Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Babies, Boogers and Books

Babies and Boogers and Books - OH MY!!

So, let me just start out by saying that even though Bryanna is 4 and we're forever telling her that she's a big girl, she'll always be Momma's baby. So when I say "babies" I'm definitely referring to both Bryanna and Izaiah, who I should add, is way too quickly growing out of his baby-ness. The boy amazes me. Seriously.

So about my babies: Izaiah has not had a good night's sleep in three days now. When Momma's babies don't sleep, Momma doesn't sleep. This is not to be mistaken for Daddy's sleep - which is always on time and quite perfect! My poor 'Zaiah can't breathe through his nose and I can't even imagine how confusing that is for a baby! It's obviously frustrating because he wakes just about every 30 minutes crying and I can hear him trying to figure out which way to lay so that he can better receive air. I'm such a sucker for my little man, so I usually get up to tuck him back in. And I just can't resist getting in some kisses and snuggles first! ;)

Bryanna is...well, she's off her rocker! I know that she's so frustrated being trapped in the house so much during the winter but if she tells me "Don't say that to me" one more time I may dangle her from the ceiling fan by her toe nails!

So in an attempt to multi-task, I hauled the babies to the grocery store with me today! I brave this outting alone, regardless of the fact that that we practically need two carts - one for the baby, winter jackets, mittens, hats, re-useable grocery bags, list and coupons, purse, snacks and bottle, and all the jewelery that Bryanna piles on at home and then looses interest in half way through the Commissary, and one for my groceries. But we pile into one cart and take off down the produce isle.

We actually get off to a pretty good start, all things considered! But by isle 3, Bryanna has developed an attitude that warrants a "don't get snatched up in the middle of the store!" and I remember that Izaiah has now been up for 4 hours without a nap while being sick. Can you say "uh oh"? In my quest to run through the store as quickly, efficiently and effectively as possible, I accomplish none of the above. My normal cart-route is interrupted with "Mommy, can I have..." and bottle tossing and cookie dropping and "Don't do that!", which leaves me 1.5 hours out with $180 of I don't even know what, and missing essentials.

So we get to the register and the cashier is chatty and ranting about how gorgeous my babies are. (Thanks, I know!) All of a sudden I hear three big gasps and people rushing around and muffled voices; it was like scene out of a horror movie when you're drugged and horrible things are happening in slow motion. I come to and hear "Here's a tissue!"

Izaiah has a terrified look on his face and snot from his nose, over and through his mouth, hanging from his chin and resting pleasantly on his Phat Farm shirt. I don't think I've seen so much boog in one place, ever! We use approx 5 tissues from the cashier in the next lane while just about everyone in the store stares in amazement. What a site, huh?. A Mommy wiping her babies boogers. *sigh*

Since returning home, we've abandoned tissues and gone to receiving blankets. They hold much more snot at any given moment and can be washed and re-used. (No, this is not a joke!)

So I get home to find that Roxy (our rottie/pit mix who I think has separation anxiety) has pulled some of the dirty laundry through her crate and drooled all over it! Thanks babe! I put 'Zaiah down in his crib with a "milk baba", put Bryanna in front of Dora and carry 9 bags (of $180 worth) of groceries up the stairs from the garage...in my heels! =)

Did you really think I'd go to the grocery store in my kicks?

Now that we're settled in, fed, and rested, books are next on my agenda. School is getting the best of me, but "through God, all things are possible" - so PRAY FOR ME!!

Until next time - this is my life as a Mommy in Jeans and High Heels! *MUAH*

No comments:

Post a Comment