Monday, December 15, 2008

No Longer My Baby

Well, it's nearly 1am as I type this. My husband and two children are fast asleep and I'm contemplating scholastic suicide by heading to bed without finishing the accounting homework I must turn in tomorrow. I'm finding it incredibly difficult to concentrate on debits and credits and general ledges after celebrating my son's 1st birthday today.

Happy Birthday Izaiah!


I just can not believe that it was an entire year ago that I was begging my OB to cut me open and remove this squirmy little booger! Oh how miserable I was. Bryanna was my easy baby - fantastic pregnancy and easy c-section delivery. Izaiah, on the other hand, was not so simple. I gained considerably more weight, never dilated a single centimeter (by 40.5 weeks) and ended up with an excruciating rash called PUPPPS that left my belly and sides scabbed and scarred. But it was worth it.

It's hard to imagine that 365 days have passed since I was first looked into his eyes and said "Hey little man! Oh I love you so much!"



Big Sister Bryanna was less than thrilled to find out that he was actually this cute little pile of flesh instead of a permanent bump in Mommy's belly. He stole her thunder right out from under her cute little thumb and while she may have smiled for the camera, her wrath was fierce!



So here we are, December 14, 2008. A year has passed and our cute little family of four has survived. We stuffed our faces with homemade cake and helped our little man blow out his first candle and sang Happy Birthday in traditional off-key fashion. Izaiah must have known this morning that today was a special day. Instead of hanging out on his own to watch cartoons as usual, he ran to the couch and I picked him up and he snuggled with Mommy for over an hour. If my heart could melt and grow stronger simultaneously, I'm positive that's what happens when he stares at me with his big brown eyes. I can't wait to spend another year with my baby boy. Every day I thank God for my children and promise to do my best in raising them. I am blessed.

This is my incredible life as a Mommy in Jeans and High Heels. *MUAH*

5 comments:

  1. My oldest has a bday on the 11th...see my blog. Very similar post. Happy Bday Izzy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS...both kids will forever be your babies!!! My "baby" will be 3 in Feb....but he is still a baby to me...I am holding on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw!!! Happy birthday baby! What beautiful children!

    Visiting from SITS... have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww. How sweet. Your kids are beautiful.

    I wandered over to your blog from SITS.

    ReplyDelete